[Marxism] Callinicos: Syriza’s compromise won’t beat austerity

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 29 16:43:52 MDT 2015

On 4/29/15 6:24 PM, MM wrote:

> Erm… maybe to keep the pressure on the Greek - and by extension the
> global - working class?
>
> Or maybe you think the "bourgeois press" maintains a principled
> commitment to fairness and truthfulness?

If this was just about Greece, I'd say maybe so but Callinicos positions
himself in relationship to the governments of Venezuela, Ecuador,
Bolivia and Greece as a latter-day Trotsky in Coyoacan. In the 1930s at
least the Trotskyists had the excuse that Stalinist hegemony prevented
them from growing into mass parties, not that this was the sole problem.
But what exactly keeps Antarsya from becoming massive if it has the
answers? "Physician, heal thyself", Luke 4:23. 23.