[Marxism] Anzacs behaving badly: Historically, Scott McIntyre is not all that far off the mark

en.passant at bigpond.com en.passant at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 30 04:28:02 MDT 2015

Anzacs behaving badly: Historically, McIntyre is not all that far off the mark

Historically speaking then, McIntyre is not all that far off the mark, but he has been sacrificed on the altar of populist outrage. The response to McIntyre’s tweets is a demonstration that the popular perception of Anzac is completely out of step with the historical reality – but his remarks are also timely. We should not forget that war is never a one-sided affair in which our boys are squeaky-clean heroes and their boys murdering, raping villains.

http://enpassant.com.au/2015/04/30/anzacs-behaving-badly-historically-mcintyre-is-not-all-that-far-off-the-mark/