[Marxism] Fwd: Where are Cameron’s ground troops? — Medium

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Dec 1 19:22:03 MST 2015

The House of Commons foreign affairs committee posed the following
question to David Cameron, pinpointing what is arguably the central flaw
in his plan for the UK to join the US bombing campaign in Syria: “Which
ground forces will take, hold, and administer territories captured from
Isil in Syria?”

In his response to the committee (pp.18–20) Cameron outlined the forces
he claimed could achieve those objectives. As he explained in his
statement to the House of Commons on 26 November: “we believe that there
are around 70,000 Syrian opposition fighters, principally of the Free
Syrian Army, who do not belong to extremist groups, and with whom we can
co-ordinate attacks on ISIL.”

full:
https://medium.com/@pitt_bob/where-are-cameron-s-ground-troops-52b81c7e0374