[Marxism] Fwd: Camp Woodland | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Dec 8 10:01:21 MST 2015

Joan Roelof wrote a comment yesterday on my post about Chester’s
Zumbarg: “I wonder if you know about Camp Woodland. It was a major
influence in my life.” As it turns out the book on the Catskills that I
had excerpted for that post had a couple of pages on Camp Woodland just
before the Chester’s passage. Camp Wo-Chi-Ca, which stood for Workers
Children Camp, was based in New Jersey and like Camp Woodland catered to
the children of leftists, especially CP’ers. Three years ago I blogged
about Fred Baker’s experiences at Wo-Chi-Ca and perhaps I will get the
opportunity to interview Joan Roelof before too long as part of my video
project about the Borscht Belt and the left.

full: http://louisproyect.org/2015/12/08/camp-woodland/