[Marxism] [UCE] Re: Proof of Turkey-ISIS ties?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Dec 8 16:20:48 MST 2015

On 12/8/15 6:01 PM, Jim via Marxism wrote:
> What exactly is the meaning of 'Baathist amen corner' that is different using
> the wording 'pro-Baathist'? Perhaps it is a uniquely US leftists' expression, or
> is it unique to this discussion list, where it keeps popping up?
>
> Jim

I like the term amen corner because it evokes a congregation saying
"amen" to a preacher. I was searching for a term that could best express
the blind loyalty that a John Wight or a Pepe Escobar have toward Assad
and this was the best I could come up with. Number two below covers it.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/amen+corner

amen corner
n.
1.
a. A place in a church reserved for persons leading congregational
b. A group of ardent worshipers in a church.

2. Informal A group of uncritical supporters of a leader, party, or
policy, especially a controversial one.