[Marxism] Fwd: Zizek, Turkey and ISIS | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 9 14:31:05 MST 2015

On 12/9/15 3:40 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:
s someone who has been following the leftist support for Bashar
> al-Assad for the past four years, I continue to be mystified by the
> willingness of so many otherwise sensible people to write a bunch of
> bullshit without the slightest self-awareness—the latest case being
> Slavoj Žižek in the New Statesman. The Elvis Superstar of Marxism,
> Lacanian film interpreter and scourge of immigrants trying to flee
> warfare and economic disaster has joined the growing chorus of radicals
> arguing that the AKP in Turkey and ISIS are in cahoots.
>
> full: http://louisproyect.org/2015/12/09/zizek-turkey-and-isis/

The New Statesman just put this up on Zizek's article:

Editor's note, 9 December: This article originally included a statement
that was falsely attributed to the head of Turkey's National
Intelligence Organization. This has now been removed.