[Marxism] Fwd: IRRADIATED: Will the nation’s new nuclear age yield more unwanted fallout?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 12 07:08:44 MST 2015

“I knew we were in one helluva damn mess,” said Vaigneur, now 84, who
had a mastectomy to cut out the cancer from his left breast and now is
on oxygen, unable to walk more than 100 feet on many days. He says he’s
ready to die and has already decided to donate his body to science,
hoping it will help others who’ve been exposed to radiation.

Vaigneur is one of 107,394 Americans who have been diagnosed with
cancers and other diseases after building the nation’s nuclear stockpile
over the last seven decades. For his troubles, he got $350,000 from the
federal government in 2009.

full: http://media.mcclatchydc.com/static/features/irradiated/