[Marxism] Fwd: Florida Atlantic moves to fire Sandy Hook denier | Inside Higher Ed

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Dec 17 06:50:37 MST 2015

Today's Inside Higher Education reports on the decision made by Florida
Atlantic University to fire a tenured professor:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/12/17/florida-atlantic-moves-fire-sandy-hook-denier

"Florida Atlantic University announced Wednesday that it is seeking to
fire James Tracy, an associate professor in the School of Communication
and Multimedia Studies.

"The university's announcement did not state why it was seeking to
dismiss Tracy, who is tenured. But Florida Atlantic has been urged to
take action against Tracy -- known for denying that many mass shootings
are real -- by the parents of a boy who was among the victims of the
2012 shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut."

Now I am totally opposed to this threat to academic freedom, especially
since James Tracy has eliminated any reference to the school on his
blog. But I was curious to see what the guy had to say about Syria. If
he denied the obvious evidence of the Sandy Hook shootings, what would
he say about a nation in which there are Sandy Hook shootings every day
of the week blessed by the Baathist amen corner Bingo. You guessed it.
 From James Tracy's blog:

http://memoryholeblog.com/2014/02/10/corporate-medias-dubious-syria-coverage/