[Marxism] Fwd: Youth; 45 Years | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 18 15:44:19 MST 2015

If you follow my writings on film, you are probably aware that I tend to
review documentaries and foreign-language films with a focus on
politics. As a member of New York Film Critics Online (NYFCO), I try to
catch up with commercial films starting in late November through the
DVD’s and press screenings the studio's publicity machine churns out.
Most years I go to NYFCO meetings and abstain on many categories for the
simple reason that something like “Zero Dark Thirty” was beyond the pale
for me.

This year I was pleasantly surprised by the number of quality films that
came my way, including an animated feature titled “Inside Out” that was
in some ways the best film of 2015. Over the next few weeks I am going
to be posting reviews of some of the best starting today with a couple
that are by no means political but speak to me on both on an artistic
and existential basis since they deal with the question of aging, a
preoccupation of many baby boomers. Just about all of the films that I
will be writing about are still playing in local theaters, including the
two considered below.

full: http://louisproyect.org/2015/12/18/youth-45-years/