[Marxism] A test of Israel Russia rapprochement

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:34:57 MST 2015

Why would it argue against it?

Of course Russia has to stand by their allies, including Hezbollah. But
Israel appears to be cashing in on its closer ties with Russia by taking
out a long-time foe. It is not a secret that Israel has struck Syria
multiple times in the last 4 years, including the weapons shipment to Hezb
and a few other targets. They have always hedged attacks against Syria
against other political priorities. Why would their strike on Samir Quntar
prove that they are not actually working closer with the Russians? I would
think it does prove that they are working closer, which is why they are
able to get away with more brazen actions like this that might have
normally triggered greater reaction by Syria, Iran, and Hezbollah.

- Amith