[Marxism] Fwd: Undoing the Politics of Powerlessness — Medium

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 21 07:25:05 MST 2015

(Reflections on Occupy Wall Street.)

We need to build groups — collectives, organizations, affinity groups,
whatever — because groups are what keep us in the movement, they’re what
keep movement moments going, where we transform, how we fight, and the
best way to hold each other accountable to the long struggle for
liberation. We need to win small victories that open up space for bigger
ones, and we must celebrate them, because that’s the best inoculation
against a politic based in fear that nothing is winnable. We have to
develop powerful visions for the world we want, so we can put those
small victories inside a broader strategy that strikes at the roots of
the systems we face. We must all engage in the hard and transformational
work to become our most powerful selves; after all, it is truly the only
way we even stand a chance.

https://medium.com/@YotamMarom/undoing-the-politics-of-powerlessness-72931fee5bda