[Marxism] Hersch's latest lunacy

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:06:23 MST 2015

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 1:46 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> On 12/21/15 1:42 PM, Tristan Sloughter via Marxism wrote:
>> Much of this is in support of what those arguing against the
>> "anti-imperalist" left have been saying, is it not? Sure there is plenty
>> lacking, but he says the US military, Assad regime, Russia and Israel
>> have been coordinating within Syria.
>>
>> I've seen the "anti-imperalist" tankies on twitter become very riled up
>> by this article.
>
> I'll have to keep this in mind. I plan to write something on Hersh's article and on Andrew Cockburn's in the latest Harpers that is 100 percent garbage.

For some time now I’ve been trying to anticipate how the cartoonish anti-imperialist position is going to play out, as and when reality makes it increasingly impossible to maintain the simplistic and untenable: Will it take the form of a slow reorientation, possibly imperceptible to the person making it, so that they come out the other side insisting they had “always believed” something or other contrary to the Baathist apologetics they engage in now? Or will there be some kind of genuine reckoning and admission? My money’s on the former.