[Marxism] Not an optimistic assessment of Syriza

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 2 13:17:52 MST 2015

On 1/2/15 2:58 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:

> "Meanwhile Truth-Out just published this horrible column by C.J.
> Polychroniou, a sneering dismissal of all points of view within Syriza,
> demanding instead they stop advocating more government involvement or
> ownership, and instead bolster the market. Read this liberal,
> self-important academic shit:

Truthout gets about $2 million per year from somewhere, who knows where.
I just checked them out on Guidestar. The president of the board is
Robert Naiman, an idiotic red-baiter on PEN-L who whenever I challenge
him froths at the mouth, referring to me as a "Trotskyite".

Here's David Lindorff raking them over the coals:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/04/01/banned-by-truthout/

I have to chuckle over this line from his piece:

"Truthout is begging for money again. They say they need $25,000 to keep
their operation going. It’s something they do periodically all year round."

Maybe they should incorporate Jack Barnes's "blood money" gambit.