[Marxism] Nu Folk and Seth Lakeman

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 21:24:54 MST 2015

'Nu Folk' is a label applied to a swathe of the folk music produced in
Britain in the past decade (or a bit longer).  It is clearly British folk,
but it incorporates elements of other forms of music - reggae and dub
(Imagined Village's work with Benjamin Zephaniah, for instance), rock
sensibilities (I think this applies to a chunk of Seth Lakeman's work) and
also stuff like electronica.

My favourite nu folk figure, in fact he's probably my favorutie wokring
musician at this point in time, is Seth Lakeman:

http://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/12/30/seth-lakemans-workers-lives-review-of-tales-from-the-barrelhouse-and-word-of-mouth/

Phil