[Marxism] What if Syriza wins? - Weekly Worker

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jan 10 10:36:34 MST 2015

On 1/10/15 12:19 PM, James Creegan via Marxism wrote:

> At the risk of becoming the next poster to be proscribed from this
> listserve, I offer the following article, not identical to my own view,
> but closer to it than uncritical Syriza worship.
>
> http://weeklyworker.co.uk/worker/1040/what-if-syriza-wins/

"In reality, of course - verbiage aside - Syriza’s programme does not
amount to much more than run-of-the-mill Keynesianism,"

Well, of course. Everybody knows the solution to austerity in Greece can
be found by starting a group calling itself the Communist something or
other, launching a website festooned with red stars and hammers and
sickles, and calling for the dictatorship of the proletariat. That's the
approach of the Weakly Worker and made to order for those incapable of
organizing themselves out of a paper bag.