[Marxism] Fwd: bellingcat - SU-25, MH17 and the Problems with Keeping a Story Straight

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 11 07:10:21 MST 2015

While the investigations in to the downing of MH17 continue there’s been
much debate about who was responsible, and the weapon system used to
down MH17. These theories can be generally split into two broad groups,
one where a Buk surface to air missile system was used to shoot down
MH17, the other where a Ukrainian military jet, usually specified as a
SU-25, shot down MH17.

Bellingcat has examined much of the evidence and claims related to a Buk
missile system being used, in particular tracking a Buk controlled by
separatists on July 17th and finding the same Buk in Russia in late June
in our report Origin of the Separatists’ Buk. In this piece we’ll
examine claims relating to the use of a jet fighter to shoot down MH17,
which reveals not only continual inconsistencies between the various
claims made by the Russian government and presented in the media, but
also examples of outright and provable falsehoods being presented by the
Russian government and media.

As with any major event there are many alternative theories and claims
made on various message boards, social media sites, and blogs, but for
the purposes of this piece we will focus on claims that have been made
by the Russian government or have made their way into mainstream discourse.

full:
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2015/01/10/su-25-mh17-and-the-problems-with-keeping-a-story-straight/