[Marxism] Fwd: Pat Grogan, the SWP and the Hoboken waterfront | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 11 12:22:22 MST 2015

Ever since the Militant went online, I’ve made a point of skimming
through it looking for obits. I have zero interest in the group’s
politics but have remained curious about what happened to people I knew
in the sixties, especially since our generation is increasingly
vulnerable to the sorts of geriatric illnesses that take you down for
good. Of course, the law of diminishing returns applies here since the
group has shrunk to such an alarming degree. Even when it was larger, it
was likely that the people I really cared about would never get an obit
since they had become unpersons like Peter Camejo. The only way an
ex-member could rate an obit was if they were number one not an “enemy”
of the party, and number two someone who had contributed time and money
to keep the sect-cult afloat.

Pat Grogan was one of those people.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2015/01/11/pat-grogan-the-swp-and-the-hoboken-waterfront/