[Marxism] Confederation of Progressive Trade Unions of Turkey (DISK) statement on Charlie Hebdo assault

jay rothermel jayrothermel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:50:56 MST 2015

Statement by the Confederation of Progressive Trade Unions of Turkey (DISK)
on the recent assault on the magazine Charlie Hebdo:

"...We, as DİSK, condemn this bloody attack on our colleagues in France,
while also registering our deep concern at how the attackers have been
defended in a number of countries, particularly Turkey, how they have
received material and emotional support and how sections of the Turkish
press have embraced the attacks, either cautiously or openly. Just as we
have opposed restrictions on freedom of thought and the press via measures
imposed by the government/state, we likewise believe that it is impossible
to accept political/ideological movements and actions that restrict such
basic rights.

"Please see our condolence message to French unions."

http://www.disk.org.tr/2015/01/je-suis-charliehebdo/

http://www.disk.org.tr/2015/01/je-suis-charliehebdo/