[Marxism] Sad news about Mike Marqusee

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jan 13 10:09:16 MST 2015

Sad news about Mike Marqusee. My condolences to his family and friends.
'Mike Marqusee, my partner and our brother, died peacefully on 13
January 2015, aged 61. He was an inspiration to all of us, and to those
who met him, or knew him through his writing. He had been ill with
multiple myeloma, a bone marrow cancer, since 2007. He received
extraordinary care from the NHS, and, latterly, from St Joseph's
Hospice. The funeral will take place in the week starting 19 January,
and there will be a memorial event in a few months' time. Details of
both will be posted shortly. Please feel free to attend either, or both,
events. Contributions can be made in Mike's memory to Medical Aid for
Palestinians (www.map-uk.org), a cause close to Mike's heart, and/or to
St Joseph's Hospice (www.stjh.org.uk). Messages can be sent to
lizdavies at riseup.net.'

Liz Davies, Jeff Marqusee, Joanne Marqusee, Susan Marqusee and Ellen
Marqusee.

---

Mike Marquesee on cancer:

http://www.mikemarqusee.com/?p=1199