[Marxism] Kenan Malik on Charlie Hebdo and free speech

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:38:56 MST 2015

I think there's a bit of essentialising there Dennis.  A lot of people who
live in the 'Muslim world' are not religious and/or not Muslim.

Kenan was talking about progressive *people* doing battle with
fundamentalist Islam and state islam in what are rather too
casually-labelled 'Muslim countries'.

A good example would be Iran, which is one of the least religious countries
in the world.

Attached to the article is a picture of a rally of Tunisians in Tunis in
support of the free speech rights of Charlie Hebdo, so I'm surprised you
ask for a list of people and their testimonials.

Phil