[Marxism] I won't be singing Advance Australia Fair on Invasion Day

en.passant at bigpond.com en.passant at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 18 04:51:20 MST 2015

I won't be singing Advance Australia Fair on Invasion Day

I won't be celebrating Invasion Day, least of all by singing Advance Australia Fair. Instead I hope to join my indigenous brothers and sisters outside old Parliament House for a demonstration against the Invasion and its consequences. Rather than airbrushing history with nationalist claptrap like Advance Australia Fair, if we are going to sing I suggest it be Midnight Oil's Beds are Burning. As they say:

The time has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
Let's give it back