[Marxism] Fwd: 10 000 Russians join annual anti-Muslim 'pride' march - Times LIVE

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 18 07:25:00 MST 2015

"Today, a mosque - tomorrow, jihad," proclaimed one banner held by the
nationalist flag-waving youths gathered under a light drizzle on a wide
avenue surrounded by towering apartment blocks.

"We are here as Russians, as ethnic Slavs," a young man who refused to
give his name said after pulling a big black scarf off his face.

Another man with a shaved head and a young child on his shoulders said
simply: "We are all Russians here. Kids have nothing to be afraid of."

Moscow police gave permission for up to 15,000 to turn out in a show of
Slavic pride that concludes with a performance by Kolovart -- a white
supremacist rock group whose lyrics idolise Hitler and call for the
destruction of other ethnic groups.

The so-called "Russian March" - an event coinciding with a new Unity Day
holiday President Vladimir Putin introduced to commemorate the expulsion
of Poles from Moscow in 1612 - has been previously accompanied by
violent attacks against ethnic minorities and foreigners working in the
city.

full:
http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2013/11/04/10-000-russians-join-annual-anti-muslim-pride-march