[Marxism] Limits to Growth was right?

Levins, Richard humaneco at hsph.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 20 09:06:02 MST 2015

ŒLIMITS TO GROWTH² IMPLIES ABSOLUTE LIMITS. BUT EVERY ECOSYSTEM HAS ITS
OWN CARRYING CAPACITY RESULTING IN FLUCTUATING POPULATIONS (COLLAPSE IN
EUOPRE IN 14TH CENTURY, AMERICAS IN 16TH).WE ARE NOW CONFRONTING LIMITS
IMPOSED BY RESOURCE DEPLETION AND POLLUTION, MEDIATED BY A CONSUMERISM
DEVELOPED TO INCREASE PROFITS. PRODUCTION DETERMINED BY HUMAN NEED WILL
CHANGE THE BOUNDARIES AGAIN.AND AS WE CHANGE OUR WAY OF LIFE SO WILL WE
CHANGE THE LIMITS TO GROWTH AND THE DEMOGRAPHY WE COLLECTIVELY DECIDE.