[Marxism] Article on Borotba

Charles Faulkner lacenaire at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 16:04:13 MST 2015

for what it's worth i didn't see it so much as a stereotype as an attempt to say, crudely perhaps, that it is easy to see that people in the u.s. do not understand jewish life as primarily religious given the rich, long standing and well delineated cultural life of jews in new york, where 1 in 4 actually is pretty impressive.

in fact i would go farther. there seems to be a tendency abroad to see americans monochromatically. while i have no problem in believing religion is less relevant in countries from the former soviet union, i'm detecting an inclination of some to tar everyone in america with religion's brush.

is religion pervasive in america? yes. and it taints everyone's understanding? silly.