[Marxism] Blog Post: "Dreaming of the Dead"

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Jan 23 10:48:35 MST 2015

Full at http://cheapmotelsandahotplate.org/2015/01/23/dreaming-dead/

My father was sleeping, curled up in the small chair next to the picture window. I thought this  strange, because he never sat in that chair. It was my mother’s perch, from which she peered out at the street watching for neighbors  and waiting every day for the mail truck to arrive. When she was old, she’d doze on and off during the day and evening. I’d look at her and think she looked tired, worn out from seventy years of the burdens women carry.