[Marxism] Greek Leader Who Said 'Jews Don't Pay Taxes' Named Defense Minister

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jan 28 07:26:22 MST 2015

On 1/28/15 9:04 AM, ioannis aposperites via Marxism wrote:

> For SYRIZA this would be a win win game: either to have the government
> by his own and now or to take it after the new elections less than month
> later!

Nobody on the left views the bloc with ANEL in a positive light.

However, the acid test will be over Syriza's record as a governing
party. Will it be another PASOK? Some already disposed to this analysis
will view the ANEL bloc as early confirmation. Meanwhile Michael
Karadjis just posted an article that weighs much heavier in my view
against that analysis. Halting the privatization of the Piraeus port
should matter a lot more than granting ANEL a ministry post.