[Marxism] review of new book on the Iraq War, neocons, and Israelpolitik

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 18:41:14 MST 2015

>From what I can tell from the review, it is simply a repeat of the MW
thesis with slightly more developed arguments about leftist
counter-arguments. I would hope that a book of this nature would delve
deeper into the nature of how the neocon/Zionist cult of 25 that Ahmad
describes came into a position of such influence -- and how such arguments
relate to a broader and more sophisticated understanding of imperialism
rather than contradict it.

Most of the critics who wrote off the Zionist lobby's influence as little
more than an extremist wing of American imperialism, as well as some
Marxists who endorsed it, like Perry Anderson, in my view, did not do a
great job connecting the dots.

- Amith

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Dennis Brasky via Marxism <