[Marxism] Greek Victory

James Creegan sectarian61 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:09:28 MDT 2015

I've never been so happy to be wrong in one of my predictions. In fact, I
am happy, period. I have not had such encouraging news in a very long time.

The Greek people's spirit of resistance and defiance is unparalleled in
recent decades. They voted as they did despite a propaganda barrage from
the oligarch-controlled media, threats from employers, personal
interventions from top EU officials and government heads, economic
blackmail and the vacillation and panic of Tsipras and the Syriza
leadership. Their courage will resound throughout Europe, and beyond. TINA
died a long overdue death in Athens yesterday. The consciousness of the
Greek working class may not yet be revolutionary, but its fighting spirit
is the stuff out of which revolutionary consciousness can emerge.

Jim Creegan