[Marxism] on Merkel's "failure"

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:43:11 MDT 2015

Failure in quotes because this article by Bruce Ackerman ignores what's
driving her supposedly illogical stubborness, i.e. Germany's need to a)
stop the political example Syriza is setting, and b) to maintain its own
dominant economic position - including by savaging its own working class
(see Catarina Principe on this in Jacobin and elsewhere).
By the way, notice the correct mention of Obama's motivations, i.e. his
concern to keep Greece in the Western anti-Russia orbit. (for those who
don't know me, I don't give a fig for either imperialist power, US or
Russia).
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/09/opinion/germanys-failure-of-vision.html?ref=todayspaper