[Marxism] Richard Seymour on the 'defeat of Syriza'

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jul 11 11:58:55 MDT 2015

So what kind of party do we need? One that proclaims the need for
rupture? Such a party exists. Actually two of them exist: KKE and
Antarsya. But the support for them is negligible. The fact that only 5
percent of those voting "no" in the referendum expected that if such a
vote it would lead to a Grexit, either bourgeois or proletarian, is
something that the left has to grapple with. Indeed, the highest
preference according to party lines for leaving the eurozone is from
ANEL and Golden Dawn. Only 5 percent of Syriza voters expressed a desire
to leave the eurozone. Maybe the Greeks should consider Brecht's advice:
the government should dissolve the people and elect another.