[Marxism] Greek Deal Prospects Slim as Crisis Talks Resume

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:16:04 MDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Marv Gandall <marvgand2 at gmail.com> wrote:

You think Syriza would have risked foreign intervention, civil war, a coup
> d’etat if they had acted in more forcefully, in accordance with the
> Thessaloniki program? Quite likely.

No, I mean I've recently lived in a place embargoed by global economic
forces, at minimal effort to themselves, and know how easy inflicting
misery on a rebellious population actually is for the "masters of the
universe." If the capitalists decided to really turn the screws on Greece,
the resulting impoverishment would produce an actual, organic uprising
quickly enough.

If this is what you fear “at the end of the day”, why support the election
> of a left-leaning government like Syriza?

Are you talking to me or Lou? I can't remember the last time I endorsed
anyone in any damn elections.

--
lytlað."