[Marxism] Greek Deal Prospects Slim as Crisis Talks Resume

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 10:13:08 MDT 2015

Agreed. Admittedly, Tsipras and Syriza had no leverage, no Plan B.
Withdrawal from the eurozone and re-establishing of the drachma was (and
still is as far as I have read)  overwhelmingly opposed by about 75% of
Greeks. In my opinion, where his faction went wrong was when he chose to
foster illusions that the specter of a rising tide of anti austerity
throughout Europe (Spain/Podemos especially) would frighten the troika into
a compromise instead of "patiently explaining" that the enemy might make
fighting austerity while staying in the eurozone impossible and to
seriously entertain the idea of Grexit.

"The duty of leadership is to lead" - Trotsky