[Marxism] last words on Greece

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:14:39 MDT 2015

On Jul 13, 2015, at 11:38 PM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I just finished the Panitch/Gindin article and came here to rant (and to
> bemoan Gindin's participation; I expected better of him given his decades
> of grassroots labor work),

Gindin was research director of the Canadian Auto Workers for many years and then assistant to union presidents Bob White and Buzz Hargrove. I don’t believe he’s had had any “grassroots” union experience as a local activist or organizer. He studied and taught economics and worked as a researcher for the Manitoba NDP before joining the CAW, and, of course, has been closely connected with Leo Panitch and the York University political science department since his retirement.