[Marxism] Polls that challenge the mantra that most Greeks want to stay in the Eurozone

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jul 14 09:00:28 MDT 2015

On 7/14/15 9:52 AM, Michael Karadjis wrote:

> Now of course I have no way of knowing whether these polls, or the polls
> that show the opposite (that most Greeks want to stay in Eurozone) are
> more correct. However, I'm inclined to believe these polls showing
> greater Greek support for grexit.

This will be put to the test soon enough. By all indications, Tsipras
and those in the Syriza leadership who are aligned with him have thrown
in their lot with the parliamentary bloc made up of the New Democracy,
PASOK and To Potami.

If and when the Left Platform breaks with this grouping, it will be up
to them and whoever they unite with to push for a Grexit. I am
particularly interested to see how Antarsya fares since this group is
obviously the one that Marvin Gandall and James Creegan would want to
belong to if they were in Greece.

Btw, Antarsya means "The Anticapitalist Left Cooperation for the
Overthrow". The acronym is practically the same as the Greek word for
mutiny (antarsia) according to Wikipedia. This is a group that has been
blessed by Alex Callinicos so it will be put to the test in the months
to come. I am fairly confident that they will never be thrust into a
position of betraying the Greek people. In fact, I don't think that
there has ever been such a group in the past 100 years that has been put
in the position where they could sell out anybody or anything. Needless
to say, this kind of freedom of sin comes at a certain cost not that
this would make any difference to Alex Callinicos.