[Marxism] Polls that challenge the mantra that most Greeks want to stay in the Eurozone

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 11:21:39 MDT 2015

On Jul 14, 2015, at 11:00 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

> This will be put to the test soon enough. By all indications, Tsipras and those in the Syriza leadership who are aligned with him have thrown in their lot with the parliamentary bloc made up of the New Democracy, PASOK and To Potami.
>
> If and when the Left Platform breaks with this grouping, it will be up to them and whoever they unite with to push for a Grexit. I am particularly interested to see how Antarsya fares since this group is obviously the one that Marvin Gandall and James Creegan would want to belong to if they were in Greece.

I can’t speak for Jim, but I would have to spend time on the ground in Greece to determine which of the various left groups I would support. I do know I could never support a party or faction whose parliamentary representatives vote for a rotten deal which will force working and lower middle class Greeks to further bend the knee and accept a further deterioration of their miserable conditions, particularly against their democratic will as expressed in the referendum. I assume if you were in the Greek Parliament you would be jumping to your feet to cast a vote for this latest, harshest, and most demeaning austerity package.

> Btw, Antarsya means “The Anticapitalist Left Cooperation for the Overthrow”… I am fairly confident that they will never be thrust into a position of betraying the Greek people. In fact, I don’t think that there has ever been such a group in the past 100 years that has been put in the position where they could sell out anybody or anything.

Could you not say the same about every other Marxist and anarchist group in Europe or North America in the period we have been living through?