[Marxism] Convert to the drachma–piece of cake. Right… | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Marv Gandall marvgand2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:29:25 MDT 2015

On Jul 14, 2015, at 5:18 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> On 7/14/15 5:09 PM, Marv Gandall wrote:
>> Why adopt a program incapable, in your view, of even partial realization?
>
> I just got the same question on FB.
>
> My answer: they underestimated the bestiality of the German bankers and their tools in Poland and elsewhere.

My follow-up: So why didn’t they come clean with those they represented and campaign for a Yes vote?  Or resign if they could not stomach the bestial reforms being demanded of them by the eurozone powers? Why the charade of pretending to campaign against the austerity package and then turning around the next day to align with the opposition and the troika in accepting an even more onerous and humiliating set of demands? These do not seem to me to be the actions of an honest and capable leadership.

I note, BTW, that you’ve not challenged my assumption a few posts back that you would vote for the bestial reforms were you a member of the Greek parliament. Should we interpret your silence as assent?