[Marxism] Counterpunch promoting left-right alliance (aka "Querfront")?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jul 22 09:56:58 MDT 2015

On 7/22/15 11:38 AM, Jeff via Marxism wrote:
> But the issue to me isn't Counterpunch magazine in particular, but the
> extremely dangerous effects of allowing far-right/racist/nationalist
> forces to infiltrate our discourse and our movements, as Counterpunch is
> more or less guilty of. And the numerous political errors affecting a
> greater or lesser part of the left which can be attributed to the loss of
> clarity thereby arising. I'd like to see this matter widely discussed and
> addressed by those of us who care about class struggle, rather than simply
> being "anti-government," or in today's emerging parlance
> "anti-imperialist."

I'll be getting around to the Greenstein article that I have not read
yet but only glanced at. But it will only be after I am finished writing
a follow-up to my last piece on the technical IT issues related to a
Grexit. Greenstein has a rather flattering photo of me from about 17
years ago taken by my old friend Fred Baker with this caption: "the
ex-Marxist Louis Proyect - excuses the reactionary politics of
Counterpunch".

Now I confess to being many things: obnoxious, sarcastic, narcissistic
and cruel. But "ex-Marxist"? Really? I'll have more to say about that anon.