[Marxism] Independent: Greek charity head says hundreds of children's lives at risk as group struggles to continue care for abandoned kids

Shalva Eliava shalva.eliava at outlook.com
Wed Jul 22 21:20:32 MDT 2015

You know it's when I read articles like this that makes me think, "Tsipras, what the f#%* are you thinking? More austerity? Really?"...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/greek-charity-head-says-hundreds-of-childrens-lives-at-risk-as-group-struggles-to-continue-care-for-abandoned-kids-10406469.html

Jenni Russell writing in The Times noted a similar scene in Athens' hospitals:

"In a city hospital 20 children aged from four months to 14 years are living on the same ward. All have been abandoned by parents who cannot feed or house them any more."

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article4485379.ece