[Marxism] Fwd: In defense of Counterpunch | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jul 24 17:10:44 MDT 2015

On 7/24/15 6:42 PM, Jeff via Marxism wrote:
> If someone believes that she intentionally biased the results
> (so-called "cherry-picking") then they should repeat the exercise and
> report their figures.

It is nuts to arbitrarily pick 10 "rightists" and "10" leftists and
compare how many articles they have written for CP. To start with, her
choice of rightists is questionable. As I pointed out, Paul Larudee and
Franklin Lamb are Baathist propagandists, not conservative or
libertarian ideologues. They write the same kind of junk as Tony
Greenstein but just a lot more of it.

I don't need to do a statistical analysis to know that Hendricks's
article was preposterous. I read it everyday and can absolutely assure
Marxmailers that the overwhelming majority of articles are written by
radicals like me, Ron Jacobs, Michael Yates, Michael Perelman and other
comrades on this list. Hendricks has written a BIG LIE and it is sad
that it has gotten any traction. As I said, I consider Tony Greenstein
to be a very sharp guy. It is beyond me how he could have crossposted
her article.