[Marxism] Fwd: LENIN'S TOMB: Project Fear versus Corbyn.

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jul 26 06:57:17 MDT 2015

However, that tactical point doesn't change the overall situation, and
it doesn't mean we don't have a responsibility to support Corbyn's bid,
and undermine Project Fear, in whatever ways we can.  It's not just the
Labour Left that is weak.  It is the Left as a whole.  Yes, Corbyn would
be relatively isolated at the top, and top-heavy successes are extremely
vulnerable.  Yes, he will be trying to shift the balance of forces in
favour of the Left, in a situation in which our forces are incredibly
depleted.  But it is a structural aspect of today's situation that in
the growing vacuum created by the breakdown of the old party-base
relationship, individuals and groups can suddenly project influence well
beyond their actual social basis, if what they say finds an ideological
resonance in lived experience.  We don't get to change that just be
force of will.  So we have to work with the grain of our few advantages.
  Corbyn has made a breakthrough, and that presents opportunities that
it would be stupid and irresponsible to opt out of.

full: http://www.leninology.co.uk/2015/07/project-fear-versus-corbyn.html