[Marxism] The Council for the National Interest

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 30 17:55:24 MDT 2015

At 01:36 31-07-15 +0200, A.R. G via Marxism wrote:

> CNI is an
organization of mostly
>diplomats and former governmental
personnel......
>former ambassador to Iraq . He was also in the CIA,

I can't believe I'm reading this! Does anyone think that because these
members of the ruling class (who also function in its state) left their
positions they somehow became part of the left?? That may have been the
case for Ramsey Clark, but in almost all other cases (for someone in a
similarly high position) they surely retain their class loyalty. If
anything, they shift to the right, now that they no longer have
responsibilities requiring an aura of respectability (like Paul Craig
Roberts defending the Confederacy of the American South, a disruputed
attitude now within respectable ruling class circles, its racist flag now
being removed from some government buildings etc.). I can't imagine why
anyone on the left would want to whitewash this sort of trash. Nor could I
think of a worse way of tarnishing the Palestinian resistance than hooking
them up with the antisemitic extreme right. I'll have more to say on this
later....
- Jeff