[Marxism] Fwd: Bare links on Marxmail

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Nov 15 07:18:12 MST 2015

(I just got this note. I don't think we see too many examples but please
try to include a sentence or two introducing a link when you send a link
to the list.)

As a relative newcomer on the list, I don’t know whether this has been
suggested before, but it would be nice if there were an obligation /
expectation to post at least a short excerpt, or a sentence or two
summary or justification, when forwarding a link to the list. I’m always
surprised how many come through with nothing. I’m not going to say it’s
necessarily rude, but it does seem to indicate a lack of concern for
others’ time, attention and bandwidth.

I’d make an exception for the moderator; just maintaining the list earns
you some leeway. But for others, it seems too easy to just lazily throw
links at the list without bothering to give any indication as to why. It
seems narcissistic and inconsiderate - at least when it becomes the norm
rather than an occasionaly exception.