[Marxism] "49 armed factions in Syria" was: Syria rebels, activists denounce IS attack on Paris - Yahoo News

Lüko Willms willms at luekowillms.de
Sun Nov 15 09:51:18 MST 2015

on Sonntag, 15. November 2015 at 03:32, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> Forty-nine armed factions in Syria,

  That's the most interesting part on this message.

  In the beginning there were peaceful mass demonstrations, then came the "Free Syrian Army", and now they are at least 50 armed factions trying to impose their power on the whole Syrian nation.

  As I said before, in a real popular revolution, you see a concentration and centralisation of political forces around one revolutionary leadership, but the Syrian "revolution" has gone the opposite path: more and more splintering in a myriad of interfighting armed factions.

  For me, this says that there is no revolution, but the opposite.

  And out of this rather counter-revolutionary fragmentation come those most reacionary groups like those behind the bombings in Beirut and the shootings in Paris.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main, Germany
http://www.mlwerke.de