[Marxism] Statement by the Local Coordination Committees in Syria Regarding the Paris Attacks

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 06:38:10 MST 2015

Statement by the Local Coordination Committees in Syria Regarding the
Paris Attacks

https://yallasouriya.wordpress.com/2015/11/16/statement-by-the-local-coordination-committees-in-syria-regarding-the-paris-attacks/

The LCC condemns the recent terrorist attacks in Paris, which led to
many casualties among innocent civilians. We assure the general public
that the Syrian people are completely aware of the catastrophic
consequences of barbaric violence. We have been subjected to
comprehensive terror by Assad’s regime and his partners in crimes
against humanity, including ISIS. We have been warning, since the
beginning of the revolution for freedom, dignity, and democracy, that
the Assad regime would export violence in an attempt to distract
attention from his crimes inside Syria. Today, while we are overwhelmed
with sorrow and the daily victims, as well as the destruction we
witness, we offer our condolences to the families and loved ones of the
victims of the terrorist attacks in Paris, and share their pain. We
continue to work through peaceful methods to overcome dictatorship in
all its forms.
We hope the consequences of the tragic events will not have a negative
impact on Syrian refugees, who fled their home because of the terrorism
perpetrated by the Assad regime and ISIS. We stress as well the
importance of the need to support the Syrian people, both inside the
country and abroad, in order to help us achieve our right to be
liberated from tyranny and terrorism. Acceptance of Assad remaining in
power after his crimes against humanity will not help in the fight
against terrorism; on the contrary, it maintains the source of
terrorism.
No act of terror, no matter how extreme, will derail our objectives to
achieve freedom, democracy, and dignity for all.
May hope and humanity replace fear and prejudice. May all victims of
terrorism rest in peace. And let us endeavour, together, to achieve
justice.
The Local Coordination Committees in Syria