[Marxism] Fwd: Entanglement: A Milestone for Quantum Mechanics | JSTOR Daily

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 17 09:28:43 MST 2015

On 2015-11-17 14:15, Joonas Laine via Marxism wrote:

http://hackaday.com/2015/09/01/the-eulogy-of-local-hidden-variables/

Thanks for this link. Its conclusions are not in question:

"No more can local hidden variables claim to exist. It has taken its
last breath and we can conclude what we’ve all known all along –
Einstein was wrong. The nature of reality is indeed statistical."

Except that I think Einstein himself agreed to this eventually (didn't
he?).

What is at issue though is the interpretation/meaning of the above
statements,  which themselves almost all physicists would agree with. I
think the second comment on that blog page hits the nail on the head.
And above all, actual communication over a distance at speeds faster
than light is ruled out, so any interpretation which makes that possible
is surely a mis-interpretation in my view.

- Jeff