[Marxism] Fwd: What do we do about ISIS? | rs21

Clay Claiborne clayclai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:08:00 MST 2015

Am I the only Marxist who thinks we should defeat Daesh by winning many of
the same young people they are recruiting for jihad to the side of
revolution?

Everyone says air strikes [and imperialist oppression in general] only
creates more terrorists. Why does the Left seemed resigned to that outcome?
How come those air strikes aren't creating more revolutionaries?

This piece doesn't even have a clue on who Daesh recruits and why. What ,if
anything, the Left should do about it.

Of course, its solution is tomorrow' STOP the WAR - pro-Assad rally,
another good example of why so many young people, and the Syrian revolution
in general has turned away from the Left and towards right-wing jihad.

Only a reclaimed Left can defeat Daesh
http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/well-what-about-barrel-bombings-that.html

If anyone else is thinking/writing along these lines, I'd love to hear
about it.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 581-1536

<http://wlcentral.org/user/2965/track>

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <