[Marxism] Fwd: What do we do about ISIS? | rs21

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 22:26:21 MST 2015

Clay this article is tremendously important research into the
backgrounds of countless ISIS recruits as well as others traveling to
fight but not for ISIS. Essential for the left to understand these
things, to demystify ISIS, if it is ever to defeat Daesh by being an
alternative pole of attraction for those inspired by internationalist
ideals. as you suggest.

Unfortunately I can't see that happening any time soon; if not the
ridiculously pro-Assad left, it is more the dreadful Tariq Ali, UK Stop
the War, type of "left" that remains dominant, which means despair,
frankly. All the more so since the important revolutionary left
governments of Latin America - whose presence on the world scene could
actually make a difference - are now essentially irrelevant to the
Mideast due to their dreadful position on these issues (which may not
alter their the fact that they are still doing great things in Latin
America, but for exactly this reason they are grand opportunity wasted
for offering left leadership in the Mideast).