[Marxism] The people's climate march in Canberra

John Passant en.passant at bigpond.com
Sun Nov 29 02:35:07 MST 2015

The people's climate march in Canberra

Given the vested interests involved, and the short termism that engulfs
both business and governments, coupled with each country battling for a
competitive advantage over the others, I do not think capitalism can
solve the crisis of climate change. Our marches show we can raise our
voice for action. However to win our demands for real results ('Turn
bull into action' was one clever sign at the Melbourne Rally) we need to
have a say in the outcomes. That means in my opinion not making polite
representations to the representatives of a system addicted to and
dependent on fossil fuels but fighting for greater democracy to win real
action on climate change.

http://enpassant.com.au/2015/11/29/the-peoples-climate-march-in-canberra/