[Marxism] Fwd: Response to Tareq Ali 2015, or the need for internationalist solidarity | Syria Freedom Forever – سوريا الحرية للأبد

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 30 08:17:16 MST 2015

Tareq Ali has spoken at a Stop the War rally in London on November 28,
2015, on the need to oppose any Western interventions in Syria. He did
so by propagating, again, conspiracies views and actually legitimizing
Russian imperialist interventions in Syria.[1]

Once again, as these words came out from an important figure of the
International left, I feel it is necessary to answer and contradict them
and for others to see that this is not an opinion shared by all among
progressive groups and personalities. Above all, it is also necessary to
defend the Syrian revolution and the millions of people that have
suffered for their struggle for freedom and dignity against all forms of
tyrannies: firstly against the Assad regime and its allies, and then
against Daech and Islamic fundamentalist forces such as Jabhat Al Nusra
and others. This is why I will deconstruct several moments of the speech
of Tareq Ali and demonstrate that not only his analysis and information
on the Syrian revolution is plainly wrong, but that also his so called
strategy to fight Daech is wrong and doomed to fail. I had to add
several other points after Tareq Ali posted on facebook a TV conference
in response “For all those who have been deliberately misinterpreting my
speech outside Downing Street on Wednesday, here is my position on
Syria, explained at length”.[2] On many aspects this has not changed the
key elements he expressed in the rally.

full:
https://syriafreedomforever.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/response-to-tareq-ali-2015-or-the-need-for-internationalist-solidarity/