[Marxism] regarding Russian air strikes

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 1 09:22:18 MDT 2015

On 2015-10-01 16:54, Ron Jacobs via Marxism wrote:

> Why are we supposed to be bothered that CIA-trained mercenary "rebels"
> were
> attacked?

Well the easy answer is that almost surely none of those attacked were
either mercenaries or trained by the CIA. But more generally I would
surely be "bothered" by any bombing from the air, a form of warfare
which disproportionally kills the civilian population. And unlike the
intervention of Hezbollah in Syria, who actually lay their lives down
(foolishly) in support of the murderer al-Assad, the Russians are ONLY
engaged in air strikes and explicitly not providing ground troops (which
I believe).

So the more pertinent question is why anyone would make a HERO of the
MURDERER Assad? Well in fact I just read a not-bad piece on the
blindness that allows people to see the worst murderers as "heros." It's
available here:

http://torturemag.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Torture-V4-N1_column_arrow_on_the_doorpost.pdf

I refer you to the article starting on the second page entitled "The
Murderer as Hero" by Ron Jacobs. Enjoy!

- Jeff